The foundation built 12’x24′ Studio Shed at the Micro Showcase was built in spring of 2014. Looking around at many different pre-fab shed options, we decided that Studio Shed was one of the best-in-class options for a small foundation built structure- very well designed, lots of light, fairly affordable, versatile and a fairly quick design/ship/build timeline. We think this company makes some of the most attractive storage and garage structures around, and they also have a ‘lifestyle‘ line that are perfect for foundation-built micro homes, backyard ADU’s (accessory dwelling units), art studios, guest rooms, etc. The company has common values about re-envisioning what our space needs really are.
The Studio Shed here is built out as a showcase residential micro-unit with 253 ft2 of interior space. Key micro and green elements include:
- A 7′ transforming+mobile hydraulic table, designed & built here at the Micro Showcase, that can be a coffee table, dining table, or work table depending on height. [see transforming tables]
- A convertible sofa/vertical bed from Breda Beds [see convertible beds]
- Compacting seating from Molo [see compact seating]
- Space and energy efficient mini-split HVAC unit (heat+cool) [see heating and cooling]
- Space and energy efficient combination washer/dryer
- Space efficient combination microwave/convection oven [see micro kitchens]
- Off-grid rainwater collection and filtration system [see off grid water]
- Off-grid toilet [see off grid sanitation]
- 5′ closet
- All natural American Clay wall plaster
see the Studio Shed blog.